Temposis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temposis

Online Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Campaign Setting

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Gallery
The Journey begins! - Page 3 Empty
Latest topics
» Possible new location
The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:48 am by Pryde

» My first post
The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:41 am by Pryde

» Skeletons n such
The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:04 pm by Pryde

» Welcome Message
The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:19 pm by ecowarrior

» Player coordination
The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:47 pm by Pryde

» Poll regarding simultaneous actions
The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:46 pm by Pryde

» Within the Mausoleum Portal
The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:44 am by Pryde

» The Journey begins!
The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:37 pm by Pryde

» Links to useful resources
The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:16 pm by phoenixreal

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 84 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:27 pm
Forum

The Journey begins!

Go down 
+2
Of DOOM
Pryde
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mukluk4
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 1:20 pm

Is there any type of symbols, statues, or lettering (or pieces of) on the masoleum itself? It might help to speak to the age it was built, the nature of the building, and possibly the alignment of the person(s) buried inside.
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 2:22 pm

casts detect undead down mausoleum stairs. 3 rounds of concentration.

also I have 3 lvl 1 spells left today after that.
and If you don't allow the spell to pass through stone and earth then i'd appreciate it if you let me keep the spell slot.
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 2:38 pm

Of DOOM wrote:
casts detect undead down mausoleum stairs. 3 rounds of concentration.

also I have 3 lvl 1 spells left today after that.
and If you don't allow the spell to pass through stone and earth then i'd appreciate it if you let me keep the spell slot.

There are no carved features remaining on any of the external stonework anywhere in the graveyard. It's all long since succumbed to wind, water, and natural erosion.

All that's you can see is the hole itself, until you actually enter there is no way of telling how far or deep it extends so Dectect Undead is a viable option. Sufficient stone or earth will indeed block it, but you have no way of telling how much is within by looking at it from outside.

DU provides you an odd twinge. Neither a definate positive or negative result, but maybe something in between? Either way, it's very weak.
Back to top Go down
https://temposis.forumotion.com
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 3:08 pm

frank- there could be weak undead around us. maybe just a powerful one that left the graveyard.

ooc im willing to just enter. it's confined but we don't have much choice do we?
Back to top Go down
Mukluk4
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 4:12 pm

You are aware that you are walking into a hole in the ground, in a graveyard, searching for some lost artifact? If it was just right inside, the gnome would've come and found it. We have neither a rogue to identify traps nor a priest of any kind to protect us from the undead. Many a tale of vampires begins with "A couple idiots decide to go play in a hole..."
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 5:54 pm

"ill go first. the force is with us." and I can run almost twice as fast as you. so don't stand in my exit route. "I want to scout more." and if the stairs are deeper than 60 feet ill cast hide from undead.
Back to top Go down
Mukluk4
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 7:09 pm

Looks at Myst and rolls his eyes.

"What force are you talking about?"

Obviously this important artifact is evil and sentient. I will look for some decent size tree branches to sharpen into stakes.
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Mukluk4 wrote:
Looks at Myst and rolls his eyes.

"What force are you talking about?"

Obviously this important artifact is evil and sentient. I will look for some decent size tree branches to sharpen into stakes.

You're in the Shilmista forest. Tree branches of all shapes and sizes are plentiful and readily at hand. Smile

FRANK:
Even after waiting for your eyes to adjust to the gloom inside what's left of the doorway, you have difficulty seeing. It's as if the building itself swallows the light filtering in through the shattered door.

Most of the room on either side of the door is filled with rubble, with the odd bit of rusted debris poking out here and there. The center of the far wall is dominated by two huge pillars, the only two left standing. Each easily measures five feet in diamater. Between the pillars lies a six-foot-long stone sarcophagus. Standing three feet tall each are four iron braizers, one at each corner of the coffin.

*note the image I uploaded to the Gallery for the room*
Back to top Go down
phoenixreal
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
phoenixreal

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Myst was mostly quiet. She felt more like absorbing the places she was going. She listened to the banter and followed along. She intended to explore the place either way.

She glanced around the room, and searched for any tracks that she could discern on the ground. Perhaps she could tell who, or what had been here recently.

OOC: Rolling for searching for tracks.

d20 + 3 assuming you want search check.
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 10:47 pm

The member 'phoenixreal' has done the following action : Default Die Roller

'd20' : 15
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 8:56 am

heh I thought he jericho was a halfling for some reason.

I can't think of a reason for the rust, if jericho isn't here im gonna wait by the door.

frank" im gonna cast detect magic" 2 spells left. looks like im gonna be useless pretty soon.
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 10:42 am

phoenixreal wrote:
Myst was mostly quiet. She felt more like absorbing the places she was going. She listened to the banter and followed along. She intended to explore the place either way.

She glanced around the room, and searched for any tracks that she could discern on the ground. Perhaps she could tell who, or what had been here recently.

OOC: Rolling for searching for tracks.

d20 + 3 assuming you want search check.

There are no tracks of any kind, not even animal prints. The room is dry, dusty, and apparently undisturbed. No windblown soils to leave prints, and your own footfalls leave small dusty whirlwinds behind. Despite the gaping hole you entered through, the room has a slightly musty tang to it.
Back to top Go down
Mukluk4
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Once I have a sufficient stake or two, I'll wait at the door. I'm not going to step inside at this point for safety concerns.
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 6:45 pm

Of DOOM wrote:
heh I thought he jericho was a halfling for some reason.

I can't think of a reason for the rust, if jericho isn't here im gonna wait by the door.

frank" im gonna cast detect magic" 2 spells left. looks like im gonna be useless pretty soon.

The stone coffin and the four iron braizers radiate faintly of transmutation magic.
Back to top Go down
phoenixreal
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
phoenixreal

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:17 pm

Myst looked around and found no tracks.

"No creatures, man or beast, have been through here in a long while, friends. Whatever is here, it lay undisturbed by all. Even the beasts do no tread in this area to shelter from the weather. This bodes ill for us, my friends, to be sure," she said as she slowly stood from a kneeling position. She slowly unsheathed her sword with incredible grace for a weapon of that size.

The weapon felt safe in her hands, as though it comforted her merely by its presence. She deftly handled it and tried to peer past the light.

ooc: can I see anything with my darkvision?
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:28 pm

phoenixreal wrote:
Myst looked around and found no tracks.

"No creatures, man or beast, have been through here in a long while, friends. Whatever is here, it lay undisturbed by all. Even the beasts do no tread in this area to shelter from the weather. This bodes ill for us, my friends, to be sure," she said as she slowly stood from a kneeling position. She slowly unsheathed her sword with incredible grace for a weapon of that size.

The weapon felt safe in her hands, as though it comforted her merely by its presence. She deftly handled it and tried to peer past the light.

ooc: can I see anything with my darkvision?

Yes, you can see clearly with darkvision. Only the sunlight seems to be diminished, but other then that treat conditions as a normal cavern.
Back to top Go down
phoenixreal
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
phoenixreal

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 12:41 am

Myst turned to the others.

"Shall we go forward, or was there something here you had interest in?"
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 1:24 am

ill provide cover fire from the door and rush in if you are in close combat? too bad you have such a small amount of health.
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 6:04 pm

heh frank-"there are 5 points radiating transmutation magic in the room. the fires and the coffin."
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 7:49 pm

Of DOOM wrote:
heh frank-"there are 5 points radiating transmutation magic in the room. the fires and the coffin."

(The braizers are unlit.)
Back to top Go down
Kylana
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
Kylana

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 3:51 pm

Tarynn discovered the voices well before the actual cemetery she was hired to investigate. He failed to mention that others had already been sent ahead, but no matter. Any superfluous treasure was up for grabs, and she was in dire need of coin. With a quick pause to check that her hood covered her slightly-Elven ears, she approached the group wavering outside the entrance.
Back to top Go down
http://kylana.deviantart.com
ecowarrior
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
ecowarrior

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:34 pm

Kenric was glad to have caught the gnome before he retired for night. The map wasn't half bad and he found the graveyard without any problems. Walking up he noticed a figure standing near the entrance. It appeared to watching something up ahead...

He approached cautiously and coughed quietly to get the figures attention.

OOC: just jumping in, is it night?
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 2:38 pm

ecowarrior wrote:

OOC: just jumping in, is it night?

No, it's mid-afternoon with the sun high in the sky.
Back to top Go down
Kylana
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
Kylana

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 4:03 pm

She sighed and turned to face the newcomer, clearly not happy to see more competition.

"Yes?"
Back to top Go down
http://kylana.deviantart.com
ecowarrior
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
ecowarrior

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:10 pm

"The gnome said that he sent others ahead of me." Bowing slightly he introduced himself, "Names Kenric, and who might you be?" He did not move forward, but stood absentmindedly caressing a bracelet he wore. At close inspection, it appeared to be some religious trinket.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Journey begins!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Temposis :: Temposis Campaign :: In-Character Thread-
Jump to: