Temposis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temposis

Online Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Campaign Setting

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Gallery
The Journey begins! - Page 2 Empty
Latest topics
» Possible new location
The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:48 am by Pryde

» My first post
The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:41 am by Pryde

» Skeletons n such
The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:04 pm by Pryde

» Welcome Message
The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:19 pm by ecowarrior

» Player coordination
The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:47 pm by Pryde

» Poll regarding simultaneous actions
The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:46 pm by Pryde

» Within the Mausoleum Portal
The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:44 am by Pryde

» The Journey begins!
The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:37 pm by Pryde

» Links to useful resources
The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:16 pm by phoenixreal

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 84 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:27 pm
Forum

The Journey begins!

Go down 
+2
Of DOOM
Pryde
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 10:30 am

The member 'Pryde' has done the following action : Default Die Roller

'd20' : 20
Back to top Go down
https://temposis.forumotion.com
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 10:42 am

phoenixreal wrote:
Myst's head was buzzing slightly, not enough to impair her but just enough to embolden her. She had caught the gnome's gaze as he entered, and found it curious. He was the first of his race she had seen in this town... She grinned, slugged down the remaining drink in her mug and turned toward the fellow.
"Hrm a quest you say?" She smiled. "Just got here, but you've gained my interest..."

"Well, my employer is a collector of strange and unusual things," the gnome says "To put it in simply, he wants you to explore the cemetary to see if it's more then just an old graveyard. He's after something specific. Bring back anything of interest; you can keep everything else you find."

Of DOOM wrote:
If I can I'd like to but in on their conversation and bluff to the gnome I know all about him (Tuigan Feldras) and his cemetary deal... maybe it's the wrong guy. In thats case... ill go buy some of the strongest alcohol I can get my hands on.

"Oh, you know of old Tuigan, do you?" the gnome says, amazed. "He goes out of his way to avoid the world. I'd be very interested to know how you know of him. My name is Ibonek." he says, extending his tiny hand. "Ibonek Neb. So, are you interested?"
Back to top Go down
Mukluk4
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 7:22 pm

[quote=""Oh, you know of old Tuigan, do you?" the gnome says, amazed. "He goes out of his way to avoid the world. I'd be very interested to know how you know of him. My name is Ibonek." he says, extending his tiny hand. "Ibonek Neb. So, are you interested?"[/quote]

Listening Check to hear this and then Legend Lore on the name of Tuigan.
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 7:22 pm

The member 'Mukluk4' has done the following action : Default Die Roller

#1 'd20' : 15

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 8
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 9:40 pm

Mukluk4 wrote:
[quote=""Oh, you know of old Tuigan, do you?" the gnome says, amazed. "He goes out of his way to avoid the world. I'd be very interested to know how you know of him. My name is Ibonek." he says, extending his tiny hand. "Ibonek Neb. So, are you interested?"

Listening Check to hear this and then Legend Lore on the name of Tuigan.[/quote]

The commons room is actually almost the entire bottom level, including the bar at the far end. With conversations muted to personal levels, you have no trouble at all hearing Ibonek.

As for history on Tuigan, the name is hauntingly familiar but you can't quite recall it...
Back to top Go down
phoenixreal
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
phoenixreal

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 10:50 pm

Myst nodded and extended her hand.

"Myst Windwalker. I might indeed enjoy a bit of an exploration mission. My feet are already becoming mired in the floor..."

She smiled at the other man who spoke.
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 8:40 am

I can't BELIEVE you haven't heard of him. he's a GENIUS.... (im confusing myself) I'd like to go on the mission. count me in
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 9:52 am

Of DOOM wrote:
I can't BELIEVE you haven't heard of him. he's a GENIUS.... (im confusing myself) I'd like to go on the mission. count me in

"Indeed," the gnome muttered dryly, then seemed to perk back up. "Anyway, here's a rough map of where the cemetary was found, up in the Shilmista forest. I hope you aren't afraid of the dark. The forest isn't especially large, but it's very dense so not a lot of sunlight gets through the trees.

What you're after is a short circular band, about as wide as the palm of your hand and about six inches tall. It will be smooth on one end, and notched on the other. It will be well hidden...and probably protected. Well, happy hunting!"

With that, the little gnome heads for the door.
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 10:00 am

damn... I want more info... can I ask if it was dropped left behind or stolen? cuz it might make a difference... i dunno... I generally avoid errand boy bull. Especially when no silver is involved...

but I can't deny a grave searching expo so idc if i can't ask him all that stuff.
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 11:22 am

Of DOOM wrote:
damn... I want more info... can I ask if it was dropped left behind or stolen? cuz it might make a difference... i dunno... I generally avoid errand boy bull. Especially when no silver is involved...

but I can't deny a grave searching expo so idc if i can't ask him all that stuff.

OOC: he hasn't actually left the building yet, so you can try to stop him or ask questions. Don't be afraid to get in character; give Frank a voice.

"It was hidden for safekeeping long ago. My employer feels it is time to seek them out again, though of course even I am not privy to all his thoughts on the matter."
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 12:11 pm

ooc- oh yeah I guess I usually talk out of character but I don't mind. I Don't roll play much I guess.
Introductions were lost on me... heh uhm If you don't mind can I'd like to pretend I wasn't an ass to the guy. (as in shook his hand and introduced myself.) and Myst.

frank "Your... friend, is someone I'm willing to help he is part of my plans... <Bluffing. Also I'm willing to help you acquire his trinket." rolls gather info on danger in the cemetary and surrounding wood. plus finding another party member.
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 12:35 pm

Frank's Gather Information roll
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 12:35 pm

'd20' : 1
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 12:38 pm

Pryde wrote:

'd20' : 1

The graveyard is so old that none of the locals even knew of its existence, not even the dwarves.
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 2:10 pm

ooc score rolling a 1 for useless info... well... any way im ready to go I guess im done talking to the gnome. Before he stops talking Frank says "where is the cemetery?"
Back to top Go down
Mukluk4
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 8:31 pm

[quote="
"It was hidden for safekeeping long ago. My employer feels it is time to seek them out again, though of course even I am not privy to all his thoughts on the matter."[/quote]

Another legend lore roll on this band. He talks about the one and then mentions "Them" in passing. Obviously whatever it is, is old and part of a set.

Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 8:31 pm

'd20' : 12
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 8:39 pm

(I'm making this too easy for you LOL)

Unfortunately, you don't have enough information to go on. Yet. Maybe if you could see one...
Back to top Go down
Mukluk4
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 8:51 pm

Jericho will sit quietly by soaking in this information and analyzing.

Not sure what to think of the two player-characters interested in the quest. Hard to tell if they are good, bad, greedy, or just willing to run into danger with reckless abandon.

How are the other two PC's dressed? Are weapons outwardly displayed or hidden? Spot check (first roll)

How do they interact with the other patrons? Do they have a swagger/confidence to them? Or are they just foolhardy? Sense Motive (second roll)

Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 8:51 pm

#1 'd20' : 13

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 1
Back to top Go down
phoenixreal
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
phoenixreal

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 4:21 am

OOC: I'll give you a description of Myst.

Myst is small (5'4") and slight (110 lbs). Her hair is very long and pure white, and almost seems to move as though a constant breeze. The barkeep isn't joking about her sword being as big as she is. To look at her, you would not think there was anyway she could wield the greatsword on her back. The weight of it alone would be too much for a girl her size. She is young (19- but could pass for younger because of her size). If you can catch a glimpse of her ears, they are somewhat elflike, but different to those that know elven ears. She wears a set of plain leather armor, but very form fitting. Underneath the top she wears a white shirt. She wears a cloak with a hood down on her back, in a light blue color with intricate trim in silver. Her eyes (if you get to see them) are very pale blueish silver in color. She has pale skin, not white but very pale. Her eyes are almond shaped, and her facial features very delicate. Other than the hair that doesn't seem to stay in place, she would look normal with her hair down. She carries a bag, plain leather, a quiver of arrows, and longbow. Her boots are well worn. There is a symbol of Shaundakul on her greatsword's pommel, as well as around her neck. She wears her money purse around her neck and tucked into the breast of her armor.

IC: Myst was fascinated by what she was listening to. It was all fascinating to her to watch these interactions. Still, these social morays tended to confuse her as she was so used to being alone.

"I've never traveled with another, but the road has never led me astray and it has led me here. The Journey has been shown to me and I will take it."
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 12:55 pm

My character is the average illuskan except shorter. if you ask anyone you could probably learn that he's a northerner. he wears a simple studded armor an has a crossbow slung from his shoulder resting at his hip. his eyes are blue(not green like it says on my char sheet. I'll change that later.) If you talk to him he seems insane about gaining power any way he can (greedy)
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 9:25 am

So i think I'm getting ahead of myself but heres my survival check to not get lost in the forest that has the cemetary.

Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 9:25 am

The member 'Of DOOM' has done the following action : Default Die Roller

'd20' : 10
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 11:35 am

Following the crude map, there is little trouble finding the tombyard, though each person privately admits they would never have found it without guidance. There is no evidence of fence or gate, and the tombstones are mostly small; embedded into the earth. Everywhere, grasses and weeds overgrow the stone markers. In most cases, the weather has worn away the inscriptions that had once adorned each stone leaving each marker pock-marked and featureless.

Everything about the cemetary speaks of a single concept: beyond time.

At the far end of the yard lie the remains of what once may have been a mausoleum. The structure has mostly collapsed on itself, leaving only a single, small opening between the piled stone. Beyond the entryway it is pitch dark and, unlike the rest of the cemetary, chillingly cold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Journey begins!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Temposis :: Temposis Campaign :: In-Character Thread-
Jump to: