Temposis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temposis

Online Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Campaign Setting

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Gallery
The Journey begins! Empty
Latest topics
» Possible new location
The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:48 am by Pryde

» My first post
The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:41 am by Pryde

» Skeletons n such
The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:04 pm by Pryde

» Welcome Message
The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:19 pm by ecowarrior

» Player coordination
The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:47 pm by Pryde

» Poll regarding simultaneous actions
The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:46 pm by Pryde

» Within the Mausoleum Portal
The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:44 am by Pryde

» The Journey begins!
The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:37 pm by Pryde

» Links to useful resources
The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:16 pm by phoenixreal

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 84 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:27 pm
Forum

The Journey begins!

Go down 
+2
Of DOOM
Pryde
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:23 pm

Riatavin (small town)
Tavern (2) The Inn & Out; The Wayfarer's Rest
Blacksmith (1) Rushell's Smithy
Library (1) *under construction*
Guildhall (2) Merchant's Guild, Metalsmith's Guild
Town Hall

Riatavin is a fairly small town, originally founded as a trading community for the nearby dwarven settlement in the Snowflake mountains just to the north. As the dwarven trading network increases in size, so too does the town. It is currently bustling with new life as a crossroads for travelers, merchants, bards, and rogues of all varieties.

As you enter town, you immediately draw the attention of people near to the city gates. The looks they give you are friendly and welcoming, and there is no city guard on duty at the gate. Young children run on the dirt paths that pass for streets, and adults walk here and there on daily errands. Overall, the town offers a casual appearance. Only the dwarves seem grim-faced, but there aren't many dwarves to be seen.
Back to top Go down
https://temposis.forumotion.com
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 2:26 pm

I vote we go as far north as possible. and I'm gonna roll a gather info to find quests from those two guilds you mentioned... but i have no clue how to do that whole rolling dice thing.
Back to top Go down
Mukluk4
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer

PostSubject: Jericho's action   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 6:44 pm

Jericho will seek entertainment work in either of the two taverns. Preferably the one with the hottest serving girls.
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 7:25 pm

Of DOOM wrote:
I vote we go as far north as possible. and I'm gonna roll a gather info to find quests from those two guilds you mentioned... but i have no clue how to do that whole rolling dice thing.

All checks are a roll of 1d20+any modifiers, but in this case its uneccessary. Presently neither Guild is hiring, but they point you to the City Hall.

In front of the Hall is a large placard affixed to a wooden post. If functions as the town's news feed. There are two job listings here.

1. Hordran Graveldust, king of the dwarven enclave in the Snowflake Mountains, seeks hardy adventurers to handle a problem for him. Interested parties should talk to the town magistrate, who will then be introduced to the dwarven emmisary.

2. Tuigan Feldras has discovered an ancient cemetary and wants someone to investigate. Ask for him in the Inn & Out.
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 7:35 pm

Mukluk4 wrote:
Jericho will seek entertainment work in either of the two taverns. Preferably the one with the hottest serving girls.

The larger tavern, The Inn & Out, is a two-story building. Well maintained both inside and out, it looks to be a respectable enough place. Stepping inside the door, you see to your right the bar. To the left is the commons area. Tables are spread in a circle around a wide empty area, and a fireplace is within the back wall, unlit and empty now with the warmth of springtime in the air. The tavernkeeper stands behind the bar cleaning mugs, while a single barmaid is making her rounds among the tables.

The barkeep introduces himself as Jerrod. He seems mildly interested in the talents of a skilled bard, but says he can't afford any kind of regular pay for your services.

"Maybe the patrons at the tables would pay in tips; maybe not." Jerrod says.
Back to top Go down
phoenixreal
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
phoenixreal

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 8:03 pm

Myst smiled as she drifted into the nearest town. She nodded to the guards as she passed the gates. Dwarves and humans, children all ran about. She took in everything as she entered the place. She didn't even know the name of the town, but it did not matter in the least. The winds had blown her here and that was all that was what mattered most.

She saw a large inn, looked like a good enough place to slake her road weary throat. She was also wearing thin already. She wished she had more stamina to walk further at a time. But that was her weakness, and she would have to learn to deal with it. The further she wandered, though, the more annoying it became. Ah, well, townships were relatively close together here, giving her ample opportunity to recuperate.

She entered the Inn and Out and headed toward the bar. She felt at least one gaze follow her. She sighed but it couldn't be helped. She looked different than normal humans. And the white hair didn't help... but despite that she kept it long anyway.

She stood at the bar and flagged down the bar tender, adjusting the greatsword across her back and setting her bag at her feet.

"Ale, please," she said.

"Dwarven or pale?" he asked reaching already for the paler ale.

"Dwarven stout if you have it," she said, having been a while since she'd partaken of the strong drink. She could handle one or two but more than that, and her limit would be reached.
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 8:19 pm

Myst:

"I have something more potent than that if you have the coin. Five silver for my very best dwarven brew..." Jerrod replied with an amused expression, not really expecting her to accept. "What brings you to Riatavin, fair lady?" This time, he couldn't keep the grin off her face, for the girl did give the illusion that her sword was as big as she was.
Back to top Go down
phoenixreal
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
phoenixreal

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 8:34 pm

Myst smiled. She knew this game too well. She reached into her purse, secured with a leather thong around her neck and underneath the chestpiece of her armor. She placed 5 silver pieces on the counter.

"Sure, I'll give it a try. I had a chance to try a great many when I was up at Mithril Hall for a bit," she said with a grin.

As he turned away she said, in dwarven, "One must drink good stout and savor it. At least the first one..."
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 8:41 pm

phoenixreal wrote:
Myst smiled. She knew this game too well. She reached into her purse, secured with a leather thong around her neck and underneath the chestpiece of her armor. She placed 5 silver pieces on the counter.
"Sure, I'll give it a try. I had a chance to try a great many when I was up at Mithril Hall for a bit," she said with a grin.
As he turned away she said, in dwarven, "One must drink good stout and savor it. At least the first one..."

"To hear the Gutbusters tell it," the barkeep responded in kind, "the only way to drink is quickly--for there are always more mugs needin' to be drained!"

Setting a large flagon of the potent brew the Gutbusters themselves take their name from, Jerrod settled back to enjoy the show.
Back to top Go down
Mukluk4
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 11:28 pm

"A free spot to sleep in the common's area, good barkeep, and you have a deal."

Jericho finds an small open area in the tavern area and begins to play a song of yearning to be with the lover of his dreams.

(Roll for performance)
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 11:28 pm

The member 'Mukluk4' has done the following action : Default Die Roller

'd20' : 15
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 11:34 pm

Jericho:

"I believe that covers a bed and a meal," Jerrod says with a smile. The song has many of the patrons laughing and reminiscing about years gone by. "What will you be having tonight, good bard? Come to think of it, I haven't even heard your name."
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 11:37 pm

Ill rent a couple nice rooms at the inn. I'd also like to introduce myself to anyone I don't know and tell the party that I can help more at the cemetary. If they want to go there.
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 11:45 pm

Of DOOM wrote:
Ill rent a couple nice rooms at the inn. I'd also like to introduce myself to anyone I don't know and tell the party that I can help more at the cemetary. If they want to go there.

So you want to circulate among the crowd to see who's interested in a little questing--gradually meeting [the other PCs] and forming the actual party? Sounds like a good plan. Give me a Diplomacy check please, to avoid ruffling any feathers or trampling superstitions regarding the cemetary among the common folk in the room. DC 7 because of the already favorable mood created by the bard.

Die rolls for everything are just like you did when rolling ability stats for your character--use the Default Die Roller. 1d20
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 11:48 pm

Diplomacy heheh

Last edited by Of DOOM on Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 11:48 pm

The member 'Of DOOM' has done the following action : Default Die Roller

'd20' : 10
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 11:51 pm

oh good i wasn't run out of town this time......
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 11:53 pm

Of DOOM wrote:
oh good i wasn't run out of town this time......

Nope, no pitchforks this time LOL. Now to give the rest of the players a chance to respond to your post, forming the party. Awesome move!
Back to top Go down
phoenixreal
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
phoenixreal

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 3:22 am

Myst smiled and took a precursory sip. She smiled. Definitely the good stuff. She knew very well how little of this stuff she could take, but she also knew ways to mitigate it as well. She turned and watched as a bard performed in the room. She smiled and slugged down several quick drinks in succession. She knew that chugging the whole thing would put her to the floor. Instead she spaced out the drinks. And on the road before she had come in, she'd eaten hard tack (sp?), so a full stomach would absorb the staggering effects. And of course, she'd drink only one. It would leave her with a nice fuzzy head, but not completely incapacitated.

She finished the drink and watched the bard instead.
Back to top Go down
Mukluk4
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer

PostSubject: Jericho's action   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 11:27 am

Pryde wrote:
Jericho:

"I believe that covers a bed and a meal," Jerrod says with a smile. The song has many of the patrons laughing and reminiscing about years gone by. "What will you be having tonight, good bard? Come to think of it, I haven't even heard your name."

"The pale ale will be fine, and the name is Jericho"
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 11:56 am

I'm good with just standing around too.
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 1:37 pm

In the pause as everyone is winding down with their drinks, a gnome descends the staircase. As he walks to the bar, his eyes roam the entire commons room, scanning faces as if looking for someone. His gaze lingers longest on the three newest arrivals before turning his attention to the barkeeper.

"Has there been anyone asking for details on my little quest, Jerrod?" he drawls in a slow, calm voice.
Back to top Go down
phoenixreal
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
phoenixreal

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 2:33 pm

Myst's head was buzzing slightly, not enough to impair her but just enough to embolden her. She had caught the gnome's gaze as he entered, and found it curious. He was the first of his race she had seen in this town... She grinned, slugged down the remaining drink in her mug and turned toward the fellow.

"Hrm a quest you say?" She smiled. "Just got here, but you've gained my interest..."
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 9:09 am

If I can I'd like to but in on their conversation and bluff to the gnome I know all about him (Tuigan Feldras) and his cemetary deal... maybe it's the wrong guy. In thats case... ill go buy some of the strongest alcohol I can get my hands on.
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 10:30 am

Frank's Bluff Check
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Journey begins!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Temposis :: Temposis Campaign :: In-Character Thread-
Jump to: