Temposis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temposis

Online Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Campaign Setting

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Gallery
The Journey begins! - Page 5 Empty
Latest topics
» Possible new location
The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:48 am by Pryde

» My first post
The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:41 am by Pryde

» Skeletons n such
The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:04 pm by Pryde

» Welcome Message
The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:19 pm by ecowarrior

» Player coordination
The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:47 pm by Pryde

» Poll regarding simultaneous actions
The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:46 pm by Pryde

» Within the Mausoleum Portal
The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:44 am by Pryde

» The Journey begins!
The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:37 pm by Pryde

» Links to useful resources
The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:16 pm by phoenixreal

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 84 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:27 pm
Forum

The Journey begins!

Go down 
+2
Of DOOM
Pryde
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Kylana
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
Kylana

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 8:11 pm

(( Botching a search check, now that's special. ))

"Oof!" She blinked a few times to clear the dust from her eyes and hoped that the human was too distracted by his task to notice her rather ungraceful tumble. While she so much closer to the source, though, she figured she'd take a closer look at the inside.
Back to top Go down
http://kylana.deviantart.com
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 8:19 pm

Kylana wrote:

"Oof!" She blinked a few times to clear the dust from her eyes and hoped that the human was too distracted by his task to notice her rather ungraceful tumble. While she so much closer to the source, though, she figured she'd take a closer look at the inside.

Search check
Back to top Go down
https://temposis.forumotion.com
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 8:19 pm

The member 'Pryde' has done the following action : Default Die Roller

'd20' : 12
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 8:28 pm

Kylana wrote:

It's very hard to make out, but under the inside lip within the coffin is an inscription in what appears to be a dead dialect of Elven. Something about fire, ash, and Rels?
Back to top Go down
Kylana
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
Kylana

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 8:39 pm

She squinted at the inscription and called the human over to point it out to him. "Does this make any sense to you? I can't make out more than a few words."
Back to top Go down
http://kylana.deviantart.com
Mukluk4
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 8:53 pm

Kylana wrote:
She squinted at the inscription and called the human over to point it out to him. "Does this make any sense to you? I can't make out more than a few words."

I can take a look.

<Decipher Script roll>
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 8:53 pm

The member 'Mukluk4' has done the following action : Default Die Roller

'd20' : 13
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 9:37 pm

I meant the braziers

im going to arm myself with a bolt in my crossbow... and i move up to the coffin and language I can't read.
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:14 pm

Quote :
I can take a look.
<Decipher Script roll>

You aren't able to make out anything more.

Of DOOM wrote:
I meant the braziers

im going to arm myself with a bolt in my crossbow... and i move up to the coffin and language I can't read.

As the fourth braizer roars to life, a column of flame also roars out of the sarcophagus. Then all five flames sputter and go out. The coffin is empty save for the white powder, leaving no trace of Tarynn.
Back to top Go down
Mukluk4
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:47 pm

Way to go, Necromancer. Your job from now on is to stand in the back and be quiet.
Back to top Go down
phoenixreal
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
phoenixreal

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:53 pm

Myst thought for a second.

"Transportation?" she said to the others. "Was there magic radiating here or at those braziers, again?"

(OOC: look around for anything that has changed.)

"There is no burnt flesh or anything, therefore she's obviously been transported elsewhere."

Myst grinned. "Me next! Want to light them up again?"
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 12:01 am

I say "sure" I love the idea of lighting them up again. maybe it could bring her back.
and I also ignore the guy with all the ideas.
Back to top Go down
Mukluk4
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:35 am

As Jericho watched the freely admitted necromancer light up the braziers which disintegrated the warrior. If he didn't disintegrate Jericho, he most likely will blab his job to the wrong townsfolk and get him and any associates put to the stake.

Obviously the kid was a couple components short of a spell. lol!

Jericho decides to cut his losses and head back to the village.
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:37 am

Oh and the magic was at the coffin and braizers
Back to top Go down
ecowarrior
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
ecowarrior

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 8:42 pm

Standing in the back, Kenric watches all this unfold. He is interested to see how the group responds and concurs with Myst that this may be some sort of portal. He takes a step closer to investigate...

OOC: how do we add our mod to the dice roller??? Oh, and that would be a knowledge arcane check.

Last edited by ecowarrior on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 8:42 pm

The member 'ecowarrior' has done the following action : Default Die Roller

'd20' : 7
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:32 pm

Of DOOM wrote:
I say "sure" I love the idea of lighting them up again. maybe it could bring her back.
and I also ignore the guy with all the ideas.

As before, when the fourth braizer ignites the central coffin explodes into a column of fire as well. Also as before, the fire lasts only a matter of seconds before they all go out of their own accord, leaving the sarcophagus empty once again.

ecowarrior wrote:
Standing in the back, Kenric watches all this unfold. He is interested to see how the group responds and concurs with Myst that this may be some sort of portal. He takes a step closer to investigate...

OOC: how do we add our mod to the dice roller??? Oh, and that would be a knowledge arcane check.

You can't be sure of anything just by watching, but identical resutls twice in a row seems pretty compelling. Of course, you've never seen a portal that functions in this way before!

OOC: sadly, you can't. We just have to mentally add them ourselves. Don't worry, I've been keeping track of modifiers. study
Back to top Go down
ecowarrior
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
ecowarrior

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:55 pm

Kenric looks at the others and says, "Well, who's next? I figure we either go forward or go home. If there's no objections I'll chance it." He waits for someone to speak up before entering the sarcophagus and takes the time to mutter a quick and harsh prayer...to himself of course.
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 12:48 pm

If I can't get to the portal alone I'll stand guard over the mausoleum behind a tree situated behind the mausoleum (where I cant see the door) I'm theoretically hiding if i can't use the portal now-
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 12:48 pm

The member 'Of DOOM' has done the following action : Default Die Roller

'd20' : 18
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 7:27 pm

I guess I couldn't get through the portal?
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:34 pm

As far as I know you didn't even try. All you have to do is be able to get the 4th fire burning from within the coffin. With the braizers at each corner, it's not a long reach...
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:23 pm

quote-If I can't get to the portal alone I'll stand guard over the mausoleum (it's what that meant) eh I didn't really explain too well. but yeah that was right after kenric went through
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:37 pm

I mistook what you were trying to do. I figured you were acting as rearguard waiting for the Bard's return. I've linked you up with the other two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Journey begins!   The Journey begins! - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Journey begins!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Temposis :: Temposis Campaign :: In-Character Thread-
Jump to: