Temposis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temposis

Online Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Campaign Setting

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Gallery
Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 Empty
Latest topics
» Possible new location
Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:48 am by Pryde

» My first post
Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:41 am by Pryde

» Skeletons n such
Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:04 pm by Pryde

» Welcome Message
Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:19 pm by ecowarrior

» Player coordination
Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:47 pm by Pryde

» Poll regarding simultaneous actions
Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:46 pm by Pryde

» Within the Mausoleum Portal
Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:44 am by Pryde

» The Journey begins!
Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:37 pm by Pryde

» Links to useful resources
Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:16 pm by phoenixreal

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 84 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:27 pm
Forum

Within the Mausoleum Portal

Go down 
+2
phoenixreal
Pryde
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ecowarrior
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
ecowarrior

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:02 am

Grunting in dissatisfaction to Jericho's words he ignores the bard and turns to Myst. "My name is Kenric. My history is my own. I respect ones need for privacy." He bows. "Professionally speaking I trained as a Warmage at one of Towers of High Sorcery." Raising one hand in the air while the other tapped the haft of his weapon he added,"What my magic cannot defeat surely my mace can. "

OOC: kenrics avatar is close enough though he doesn't wear a cloak. He wears scale armor and light wooden shield. His primary weapon is his magic followed up with a mace. Kenric comes off as someone religious but not saintly. He also appears somewhat refined like he was trained at court, but his gruff and private manner make this hard to read. He may open up later on...

Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 1:48 pm

"i gave my word that I would get him the trinket.

but anyway... since you asked, I'm merely A poor traveler. I'm looking for new places to call my own. No wanderlust here, I don't enjoy danger, I regret being in this situation and I would pay my life to get every last one of you out of here.

However you are not being useful trying to reign me in. nut up or shut up."

ooc- short pale and handsome. also my life is an open book. I grew up on a farm in the far north. then traveled south to enroll in one of the many prestigious schools here. turns out I'm skilled with negative energy. I like to think of it as a balancing act. I'm an honorable fellow. My enemies don't have to watch their backs.
Back to top Go down
Kylana
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
Kylana

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:54 pm

Tarynn simply shrugged. "A job's a job. The sooner we finish, the sooner we get paid." She kicked at the door in disappointment, which was badly splintered at this point but was still on its hinges. "I'm Tarynn, by the way. Generally take bodyguard work where I can get it but occasionally have to do jobs like these."

OOC : She's half Wild-Elf, and appearance has never been a high priority for her. It's never bothered her to be mistaken for a man; actually it's usually to her benefit.
Back to top Go down
http://kylana.deviantart.com
Mukluk4
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:57 pm

"Funny that you call it a trinket, Frank. Considering how easily you struck up a conversation about Tuigan with Ibonek back at the inn . But I would guess that you would frequent the circles of his kind, being the necromancer that you are."

"Again, I ask you others, what was the offer given to you? I seem to remember not a word of payment to you Myst. Mayhaps you are expendable after the deed is done and no witness is to be left."

"I also ask you, if this was just a mere trinket, as our friend here states. Why would I bother leaving the company of the inn where beer, food, and warmth flow only to be replaced by this cold water?"
Back to top Go down
Kylana
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
Kylana

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:30 pm

"Can't speak for anyone else but I was offered anything else here that wasn't the intended valuable... whatever that might be. The dead love to be buried with all sorts of crap so I figured this would be worthwhile. So no firm offer of payment but my backpack has plenty of room for my share."
Back to top Go down
Mukluk4
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:11 pm

"If you are so easily bribed in assisting a Lich to attain God-hood, should we pray for your soul now or later?"
Back to top Go down
Kylana
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
Kylana

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:20 pm

"Wait, what? No one said anything about a Lich... not that I'm all that worried about my soul, but still. Where did you hear this? And if that's the case, then why are you even here? To what, destroy whatever it is so that he can't have it?"
Back to top Go down
Mukluk4
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:24 pm

"Before I tell you what I have learned, Frank needs to answer my question."
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 7:44 pm

Back to top Go down
https://temposis.forumotion.com
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 7:44 pm

The member 'Pryde' has done the following action : Default Die Roller

'd20' : 12
Back to top Go down
Kylana
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
Kylana

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 7:53 pm

Tarynn suddenly puts an ear and hand to the door and holds up the other hand to quickly silence the group. She moves her head along the wood, hoping for a clearer listening position.
Back to top Go down
phoenixreal
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
phoenixreal

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 7:57 pm

Myst glances at the half elf and moves to the side of the door, sword at the ready in case something were to come through and listened carefully. It appeared their conversation would be cut short as well.

Lich? What lich, she thought. Could be interesting, she'd never encountered the undead before....

OOC: listen check pls sir
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 7:57 pm

The member 'phoenixreal' has done the following action : Default Die Roller

'd20' : 18
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:15 pm

well first I swear to be in the same place as the rest of these people. If he is an evil necromancer then I was fooled.

Plus now that I've really thought about it I was ignorant to refuse your opinion. the trinket is ours if we find it, not the gnomes. And the fact is that I will die without every last one of you aiding me, my comrades come before any quest. I have trust in all of you, but if you refuse to trust me Jericho then all I can say is that I will hear out your report of treachery, and owe you depending on that report, however I request that you accept that any sane mercenary would obey his employer before some random guy he meets on the street, I'm rescinding my allegiance to him due to the fact that portals were not exactly specified by the man and the deal was shady to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:16 pm

also i move next to the guy threatening all of us with his sword and hoist my crossbow toward the door.

Last edited by Of DOOM on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:22 pm

DC 14 Reflex save for Tarynn.
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:22 pm

The member 'Pryde' has done the following action : Default Die Roller

'd20' : 16
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Tarynn shrieks and jumps back just as Myst begins to move her head to the door to listen. A skeletal arm thrusts through the hole in the door a fraction of a second later, clawing for the two women before pulling back out and disappearing.

In the stunned silence that momentarilly follows, scraping and scratching can clearly be heard coming from the other side of the door!
Back to top Go down
Mukluk4
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:33 pm

Jericho looks to Frank.

"Your friends are here," he said with a wink.

Jericho begins a rousing battle chant. Those around him feel more capable and courageous.
<Inspire Courage>
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:38 pm

initiative?
+ 4

and I back away from the door lowering my crossbow
to ready a rebuke.

everyone should retreat up the pole but I doubt that's possible. I hope they will love the rest of you like they love me soon. I'll let you know if i control them, if they stop moving and I don't control them just swing away with anything blunt.

rebuke (once it's in my line of sight) +3

Last edited by Of DOOM on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to rebuke)
Back to top Go down
Mukluk4
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:48 pm

Jericho intertwines a new verse into his battle chant.

Don't give up the funnel of the doorway. You're not sure how many are there.
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:54 pm

"I don't know about you but I want high ground. I'll go with anyone who agrees or ill stay here if no one thinks my idea is good."

heheh noob necromancer idea probably
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:35 pm

Two pairs of fleshless hands reach in on either side of the gap in the doorway and yank backwards, splintering what was left and leaving a more or less empty doorway. Two humanoid skeletons open the mouths in a silent scream and advance on you.

Everybody: Roll Initiative!!! Take no other action besides your initiative roll until I get the battle map up.

*combat effects such as rebuke or inspire courage don't take effect until after combat is joined, and then you must of course declare it AFTER the initiative roll. this is to simplify my ability to keep track of durations. bounce
Back to top Go down
Mukluk4
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:41 pm

Initiative
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:41 pm

The member 'Mukluk4' has done the following action : Default Die Roller

'd20' : 18
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Within the Mausoleum Portal
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Temposis :: Temposis Campaign :: In-Character Thread-
Jump to: