Temposis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temposis

Online Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Campaign Setting

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Gallery
Within the Mausoleum Portal Empty
Latest topics
» Possible new location
Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:48 am by Pryde

» My first post
Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:41 am by Pryde

» Skeletons n such
Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:04 pm by Pryde

» Welcome Message
Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:19 pm by ecowarrior

» Player coordination
Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:47 pm by Pryde

» Poll regarding simultaneous actions
Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:46 pm by Pryde

» Within the Mausoleum Portal
Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:44 am by Pryde

» The Journey begins!
Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:37 pm by Pryde

» Links to useful resources
Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:16 pm by phoenixreal

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 84 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:27 pm
Forum

Within the Mausoleum Portal

Go down 
+2
phoenixreal
Pryde
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:42 pm

Myst and Kenric find themselves at the top of what looks like a waterfall. (Red dot) An obviously crafted tube is ten feet in front of you, with water flowing downward. The water comes from a gash above the tube, and the tube itself extends farther then you can see. Tarynn is not here.

OOC: As always with a new area, check the map in the Gallery. I will update it as new areas are opened up. Note that the water doesn't completely fill the tube--think of it more like a water slide.
Back to top Go down
https://temposis.forumotion.com
phoenixreal
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
phoenixreal

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 3:36 pm

"Should we wait for the others?"
Back to top Go down
ecowarrior
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
ecowarrior

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 6:11 pm

Eying the tunnel Kenric looks over at Myst, "I suppose we should wait a few minutes to see if the rest of the group decides to join us. Otherwise, we continue on in search of Tarynn."

The Warmage looks at the ground for any recent tracks..
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 6:11 pm

The member 'ecowarrior' has done the following action : Default Die Roller

'd20' : 9
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 7:01 pm

Sorry, it's just bare stone. There are no tracks.
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:35 pm

With a burnt-toast flash, Frank appears next to the other two waiting by the waterfall. The Dread Necromancer shrugs sheepishly.

"Better late then never."
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 10:36 pm

"I think we all know what to do now" I grin and jump down the water slide.
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 10:42 pm

Of DOOM wrote:
"I think we all know what to do now" I grin and jump down the water slide.

It's a wild ride down but doesn't last very long. At the bottom you exit the tube and find yourself in a small stone pool. The holes at the bottom of the pool that the water drains out of are too small by far to get through yourself, and only seems to serve as overflow protection. Beyond you is another small room. Here, the only feature is a large hole in the floor in one corner. A thick metal pole pokes up out of the hole, and seems solid enough. The pole is anchored at the top to one edge of the circular hole, and appears to be embedded firmly into the stone at the bottom on the level below you, about 20 feet down.
The room itself is pleasantly warm after the cool watery trip down the chute.
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 10:56 pm

roars "tarynn!" while hopping out of the pool to wait for the others
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 11:04 pm

oh yeah... waterfall. probably not gonna hear anything. but whatever.ill stick my head down the hole and listen anyway

listen check-
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 11:04 pm

The member 'Of DOOM' has done the following action : Default Die Roller

'd20' : 20
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 11:42 pm

Of DOOM wrote:
oh yeah... waterfall. probably not gonna hear anything. but whatever.ill stick my head down the hole and listen anyway

listen check-

You can faintly hear pounding coming from somewhere below.
Back to top Go down
phoenixreal
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
phoenixreal

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 11:50 pm

Quick search of the area (which is the role), and then smile and go down the slide too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 11:50 pm

The member 'phoenixreal' has done the following action : Default Die Roller

'd20' : 9
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 12:30 am

There's nothing special here, it appears to be just a simple waystation of sorts.

In the room below you find yourself in another very small room with a short corridor leading off to the east. At the end of the corridor is a north-facing door made of wood. The door is locked, but in very poor shape, possibly as a result of the half-elf relentlessly pounding at the portal, trying to batter her way through the door.
Back to top Go down
phoenixreal
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
phoenixreal

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 4:23 am

Myst stood up and walked forward.

"So what have we got down here?" she asked, looking around. "Is this the only way out?"

Examine the door. Wait for the rest of the group.
Back to top Go down
Of DOOM
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer
Of DOOM

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 8:18 am

I'll head down to where myst is, and wait for kenric

was the hammering rhythmic?
Back to top Go down
Pryde
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Pryde

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:45 am

Pryde wrote:
There's nothing special here, it appears to be just a simple waystation of sorts.

In the room below you find yourself in another very small room with a short corridor leading off to the east. At the end of the corridor is a north-facing door made of wood. The door is locked, but in very poor shape, possibly as a result of the half-elf relentlessly pounding at the portal, trying to batter her way through the door.

Of DOOM wrote:
was the hammering rhythmic?

I don't know. Why don't you ask Tarynn......?
Back to top Go down
ecowarrior
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
ecowarrior

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 11:57 am

Kenric secures his gear and enters the water tunnel with as much dignity as the situation allows.
Back to top Go down
ecowarrior
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
ecowarrior

PostSubject:    Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 12:03 pm

Once reaching the others he hears the poundingthundering from the door. Approaching the door, he shouts, "Tarynn!". Dripping wet, he looks at the others with an arched brow...

Last edited by ecowarrior on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kylana
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
Kylana

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 12:22 pm

Tarynn turned around, her face flushed from beating on the door for several minutes.

"Ah, good, you guys caught up. I was just... unlocking this door here."
Back to top Go down
http://kylana.deviantart.com
Mukluk4
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 8:32 pm

With a flash, Jericho finds himself standing at the top of a waterfall.

"That damnable gnome will pay for new boots."

Jericho tries to get his bearings and realizes there is only one way out of this death trap. A crazy, cold, wet, and wild ride later, Jericho finds himself at the bottom of the slide.

"A warm fire, free ale, and plenty of maidens fresh off the farm to peruse at my leisure. Yet here I am drenched."

Jericho hears faint noises, quite possibly voices under the echo of rushing water.

"Here's hoping it's the group and they actually listen this time"

Jericho pulls his longsword and jumps down the hole to find...
Back to top Go down
ecowarrior
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
ecowarrior

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:59 pm

Hearing the gushing of water he sees another of the group come sliding out of the tunnel. "Well, it loos like we are finally here."
Back to top Go down
Mukluk4
Goblin Slayer
Goblin Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 11:04 pm

Not sheathing his sword, Jericho eyes everyone in the room.

"Before we go any further on this excursion, one of you needs to come clean with how you know the employer..."

He let's the comment hang in the air before continuing.

"I'm also fairly certain, that this same person seemed overjoyed to go on this quest, without any knowledge of how much of a reward there would be."

Jericho meets the gaze of everyone in the room.

"I also promise you that on no uncertain terms will whatever we are looking for in this tomb be given to Ibonek . Lest the blood of the world be on your hands."
Back to top Go down
phoenixreal
Goblin Bait
Goblin Bait
phoenixreal

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:50 am

Myst smiled.

"I follow Shaundukal's bidding, so when shown a new road, upon it I tread. Our employer simply offered me an opportunity in the tavern to travel to new sights. I am afraid I'm not very familiar with all of you present here, perhaps we should make formal introductions lest we get off on the wrong foot. I know that we had a cursory meeting before, however seeming as we are going to be relying upon each other, I feel it would be in our best interests to see what our strengths and weaknesses are before we go further."

She glanced at the others. "My name is Myst Windwalker, I am a ranger of Shundakal, and my abilities lie in tracking, the bow, and the greatsword. My weakness lies in poor health and stamina, so I fear I cannot go for extended periods between resting."

(Can we all toss in a short character description at this moment, especially if your avatar is not an image of your character? I find it difficult to keep everyone straight like this....not used ot not being able to see the other players!

Anyway, my avatar is how Myst appears except she wears leather armor with a white shirt underneath. She carries greatsword, bow, and a bag. She is small, her sword nearly as big as she, actually I think I'm going to add a physical description to my signature just so everyone can "see" her when I post)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Within the Mausoleum Portal   Within the Mausoleum Portal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Within the Mausoleum Portal
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Temposis :: Temposis Campaign :: In-Character Thread-
Jump to: